Build a More Impressive Vocabulary. Did you know that:
- The word noisome has nothing whatsoever to do with noise?
- Ordinance and ordnance have two distinct meanings?
- An errant fool is a fool who is lost, while an arrant fool is one whose foolishness is obvious?
If any of these facts caught you by surprise, then you need More Word Smart. More than one million people improved their vocabulary with the original Word Smart, but an educated and powerful vocabulary doesn't stop growing with one book! All of words featured in More Word Smart belong in an impressive vocabulary. Learning and using these words effectively can help you get better grades, score higher on tests, and communicate more confidently at work.
MORE WORD SMART includes:
- A rigorous emphasis on correct pronunciation;
- Specialized chapters that highlight vocabulary from classic literature, law, and religion... дальше »;
- A guide to frequently occurring usage errors in written English;
- Two chapters focusing on the words frequently found on the SAT and other standardized tests. « скрыть