The Longman Student Grammar of Spoken and Written English Workbook gives advanced students of English the practice and tools needed to analyze everyday language. It is linked by direct cross-references to the Longman Student Grammar of Spoken and Written English - the pedagogical coursebook that examines grammatical structure and the how, when, and why of English as it is really used.
• invaluable for students on university and teacher-training courses.
• checks your knowledge of how English is actually used in speech and writing.
• shows how grammar differs in different contexts or registers.
• provides practice with relationships between grammar and vocabulary.
• all examples taken from naturally occurring English texts and conversations.
• comparisons between British English and American English.
• spoken and written extracts throughout.
• full answer key.