Read with Biff, Chip, and Kipper. Flashcards: Word Games
Young children learn best when they are having fun! These word playing cards can be an enjoyable way to learn to read the most common words in our language and how they are used in sentences. All of the games and activities suggested in this Flashcard set can be played with an adult or older child together with one or two younger children.
The cards contain:
- 48 word cards (2 copies of 24 words);
- 8 character cards: Biff, Chip, Kipper, Floppy, Mum, Dad, Wilf, Wilma;
- 4 advice cards with practical advice for parents on how to use the Flashcards and games to support memory and sentence making, through familiar games like snap.
Playing the words games will help children to:
- develop memory and concentration skills;
- match letter and word shapes;
- recognise many common words by sight;
- build sentences.