English for Mechanical Engineering is a skills-based course designed specifically for students of mechanical engineering who are about to enter English-medium tertiary level studies. It provides carefully graded practice and progression in the key academic skills that all students need, such as listening to lectures and speaking in seminars. It also equips students with the specialist mechanical engineering language they need to participate successfully within a mechanical engineering faculty. Extensive listening exercises come from mechanical engineering lectures, and all reading texts are taken from the same field of study. There is also a focus throughout on the key mechanical engineering vocabulary that students will need.
The Teacher's Book includes:
- Comprehensive teaching notes on all exercises to help teachers prepare effective lessons;
- Complete answer keys to all exercises;
- Full transcripts of listening exercises;
- Facsimiles of Course Book pages at the appropriate point in each unit;
- Photocopiable resource pages and ideas for additional activities.
The Garnet English for Specific Academic Purposes series covers a range of academic subjects. All titles present the same skills and vocabulary points. Teachers can therefore deal with a range of ESAP courses at the same time, knowing that each subject title will focus on the same key skills and follow the same structure.