New Headway English Cours. Pre-Intrmediate. Workbook with key
- New Headway Pre-Intermediate extends and revises many of the structures covered at Elementary level. This new edition keeps to the successful framework of the original, but has been transformed by fresh material throughout, a more accessible feel, and a completely new design.
- The majority of the reading and listening texts have been replaced with vibrant new material on up-to-date topics with a more global outlook than before.
- There is now a higher proportion of speaking activities, maintaining the balance between communicative and more traditional approaches.
- At this level, related areas of grammar are explored and then practised in discriminatory exercises. All of the main tenses are included, and their uses are compared and contrasted where appropriate.
- Integrated skills work continues to be an important feature, with skills work becoming more challenging. As at Elementary level, an emphasis on thorough practice is retained, ranging from the very controlled to freer tasks.
- The vocabulary syllabus continues to be developed through a variety of approaches to lexical input and integrated pronunciation work.
- A new 'Starter' section at the beginning of each unit has a warm-up activity, often personalized, to lead into the topic and grammar of the unit.
- A new, separate Teacher's Resource Book is available with photocopiable games and activities to supplement the main course material.