Headway New Upper-Intermediate (Workbook with key)
A new edition with a revised syllabus and completely new material.
- The listening and reading texts are drawn from a range of authentic sources.
- An in-depth treatment of grammar enables students to work out grammatical rules and helps them achieve greater accuracy through a better understanding of how language works.
- There is a thorough skills syllabus, with all four skills systematically developed and integrated through related tasks.
- There is extensive work on vocabulary, with particular emphasis on the most frequently used verbs, phrasal verbs, idioms, and compounds.
- Integrated pronunciation practice is provided throughout.
- 'Postcript' sections provide an opportunity to practise everyday English in situations (such as airports and hotels), or survival areas (such as telephones and directions). There is a particular focus on the grammar of spoken English.
- The topics - including homelessness, pre-nuptial agreements, and the effects of tourism - have all been chosen to appeal to adults and young adults.