Lonely Planet Finland is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hike through forests and fells, spectacular gorges and ravines, fizz over the snow behind a team of huskies on an overnight dog-sled safari, then change the pace with chic shopping at Helsinki's cutting-edge design stores; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Finland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Finland Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout.
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices.
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - SÃ¡mi society & traditions, Finnish lifestyle & culture, history, design, literature, music, painting, sculpture, food & drink, outdoor activities.
- Over 50 maps.
- Covers Helsinki, Turku & the South Coast, Aland Archipelago, Tampere & Hame, The Lakeland, Karelia, West Coast, Oulu, Kainuu & Koilllismaa, Lapland and more.
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Finland our most comprehensive guide to Finland, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.