Cambridge Learner's Dictionary
Ideal for PET and FCE preparation
Packed full of useful study extras, the Cambridge Learner's Dictionary helps you on your way to becoming a confident, natural English speaker. With clear definitions, written especially for intermediate level students, and thousands of examples that put the language into context, this dictionary is an invaluable companion, whether you are learning English for work or pleasure, or preparing for an exam.
The best bits of the dictionary ...
• NEW! Improved and expanded study pages include the innovative 'Talk' section, focussing on conversation, and how people really speak in day-to-day situations.
• NEW! Word Partner boxes show how words are used together, helping you develop natural sounding English.
• NEW! Special 'new words' section focuses on the latest words to enter the English language, ensuring that the language you learn is always up to date.
• NEW! Thesaurus boxes make your English sound more natural by providing alternatives to over-used words, helping you to widen your vocabulary.
• Learner Error notes taken from the Cambridge Learner Corpus - based on real student errors from Cambridge ESOL papers - help you to avoid typical mistakes.