A three-level course for pre-teenage students which bridges the gap between primary and secondary learning styles.
- It is designed for students beginning English from the age of nine, and directly addresses the changing skills and interests of students as they approach adolescence.
- It provides a communicative approach to learning, supported by a well-structured grammar syllabus. Level 1 gives students a solid introduction to the basics of English grammar. In levels 2 and 3 the grammar syllabus helps students analyse language and master more complex structures. There is a grammar summary at the back of each Student's Book.
- The three levels of the course reflect a steady increase not only in language level but also in cognitive maturity. In level 1 new language is presented through a colourful fantasy cartoon. In levels 2 and 3, this is replaced with a more appropriate focus on topics from the real world.
- A special focus on vocabulary helps students to develop strategies for vocabulary acquisition and coping with unknown words.
- Simple rubrics and a clear lay-out make the course easy to teach and easy to follow.
- The 'Think about it!' sections at the end of each unit encourage students to reflect on what they have learned and promote learner autonomy.