Compact Oxford English Dictionary of Current English
- A hardback dictionary, ideal for everyday reference at home, school, or work
- Contains over 150,000 words, phrases, and definitions
- Two-colour layout and accessible design help you find the information you need quickly and easily
- Features all the words you need, with extensive coverage of essential vocabulary, plus the most-used technical and specialist terms
- Effective English centre section, full of practical advice, helps you use language more effectively
Its excellent coverage of essential English vocabulary and clear, accessible style make this revised edition of the Compact Oxford English Dictionary of Current English ideal for general everyday use.
Straightforward definitions are accompanied by plenty of example sentences to show how words behave in the language. Usage notes on tricky parts of English help you distinguish between commonly confused words, such as complementary and complimentary, or forbear and forebear, as well as giving advice on grammar.
The Effective English section in the centre of the dictionary is packed with advice on how to use English in a variety of situations, such as writing CVs or letters of complaint. This revised edition has been completely redesigned and now contains even more practical help with correspondence.
The clear layout and attractive two-colour design enable you to find the infromation you want quickly and easily, and the uncomplicated definitions give you the most accurate picture of the language possible.