Study Reading. A course in reading skills for academic purposes
Study Reading is a course for learners at intermediate level or above who need to develop their reading skills for study purposes. The book is divided into three parts. Part 1 introduces basic reading skills. Part 2 is theme based, with texts from a variety of disciplines, and aims to extend the skills introduced in Part 1. Part 3 covers the reading skills required for project, dissertation and thesis work.
Study Reading encourages learners to reflect on their current reading strategies. By doing a variety of task-based problem-solving activities, learners are encouraged to refine their reading strategies through exposure to the ideas of others. The book also gives direct advice on how to improve reading efficiency.
• adopts a learner centred approach suitable for both classroom use and self-study.
• has clearly labelled sections which allow users to select and focus on the skills areas most appropriate to their needs.
• includes authentic texts from textbooks, journals, reference works and study guides currently used in universities, colleges, and other institutions of higher learning.
• can also be used by students working on their own. The book contains a detailed answer key.
• contains practice activities for the IELTS Academic Reading Module.
The Second Edition has been updated to include not only more recent texts in the disciplines represented but also to take account of new media and the growth of on-line resources.
1 835 руб.
планируемая дата доставки: 22.10.2019 (Вт.)