English in Medicine is a well-established course for doctors, medical students and other medical professionals who have to communicate in English with patients, their relatives and other medical colleagues.
Each of the seven units focuses on one area of doctor-patient communication, from history talcing and examination to diagnosis and treatment.
The course is at an intermediate language level and does not require specialist knowledge of medicine on the part of the teacher.
Key features of the course:
• development of all four skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing
• a wide variety of tasks and a systematic approach to language development
• histories based on authentic cases drawn from specialisms ranging from neurology to ophthalmology
• up-to-date text sources that include journal articles and the internet
• a complete tapescript and answer key
• a list of language functions, medical abbreviations and useful addresses
The Third Edition has been updated to take account of developments in medicine and the impact of new information technology. The course is also now in full colour.
2 076 руб.
планируемая дата доставки: 17.10.2019 (Чт.)